Monday, February 4, 2008

Well, I drove for the first time in Guatemala City; a city of 4-5 million people & I think they all drive a car, especially from 6:30am to 5pm in the day! It is "in-cray-eebly" -so to speak in espanol. I pray very specific before going out on the street. God is gracious to have provided us a tank, such is the 1998 Toyota Landcruiser we drive, which has a cattle guard on the front bumper (no joke!). I am very grateful for it, except I kissed the gate while exiting onto the street for the first time (I forgot it stuck out somewhat on the side as well as the front!). You sit up very high in it; I like that a lot, and, when you are inching along, that cattle guard, when you get the nose of it in just an inch usually gets you in the rest of the way, so I act just like all the big dogs and get around very well. I have not been out on my own yet, but, I am sure that will come as I get more brave. Thanks for all your prayers for safety & protection.

3 comments:

Stef & Ale said...

Wow! That sounds like fun! We want pictures o everything: the car, the house, the city !

We miss you but we are so happy for you! As always, our prayers are with you.

Grannie Rains said...

We want pictures too of the house and Cattle Truck....
I love the picture of the Grandbaby!
Love, Carolyn

Frances Barnes said...

Hi Keith and Glenna....I am so glad to hear of how God is using the two of you, it is awesome! Sharon (Skrony still to me)forwarded your info. and I put you on our prayer list at my church, Central Baptist (Abbas House) in Chattanooga. This is Frances by the way, and Kieth, I would not have known you it has been so long. I got to see Sharon and Troy at Christmas and she looked great, and will always be my dearest friend! Congrats on the Grandbaby! We had our first Great Grandson in Jan. as well. We will be praying that God will do mighty things over there, and I will be following how things go, so please let me know if you have a specific prayer need or whatever. We never know what God may have planned or who He may use to fullfill that plan! He is an Awesome God! I pray Blessings upon you both and all whom you come in contact with!
It was great to see your work and you faces.
Love and Blessings
Frances Barnes